Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Hail to thee, Mr. C

Who rules the world? It's not the A students, once they get done with their bachelors degree they went back to school for their masters or their PhD's. They will get jobs as professors or some brain on display, a two legged encyclopedia but they don't do much work, sometimes contributing as research scientists. Even worse are those who work for the government in non-defense jobs, they produce things that are a waste of resources and often times harmful.

So I guess when can conclude that it's the hard working B students that rule the world. Nope, it isn't. They are too busy doing all the hard work their bosses dumped on them. They never bothered to figure out how to avoid doing so much work or how to get themselves in charge.

And it's not the D and F students either, it just takes a little more than that.

It's the C students. It's the C students that spend their time doing extra curricular activities to have fun and meet people. It's the C students who got by but didn't get inundated. It's the C students who figure out that getting ahead takes more than just hard work. It's the C students that con the B students into doing the hard work. It's the C students who stroke the egos of the A students to keep them complacent and out of the way. It's the C students who hire the D/F to wash their car or mow their lawn. It's the C students who get elected into politics. It's the C students who know they can't do the job themselves. It's the C students that rule the world.


P.S. We are talking about actually grades here, with all things being level. Those who cheat , hire other people to do the work for them or take simple classes aren't in the grade strata their transcripts indicate.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 10:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn you, I'm a B student!!!!!! my 3.0 GPA is now a mark of pure terror as I realize (according to your blog) that I will always be stuck doing the work of the C students. I hate you from the bottom of my soul for revealing this to me! I was happy in my ignorance, thinking that if i worked hard enough someday I would be the boss. Shame on you! Shame for opening my eyes to the truth, I would have been happy in my own little bubble of self denial.

D_

 
At 5:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Insightful post!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home